Digital is disrupting everything. And we’ll see more disruption as businesses look to digitally transform to comeback stronger in the post-COVID 19 world. SAP HANA can be a huge enabler of digital transformation by helping companies adopt and leverage transformative technologies in new ways. With SAP HANA, SAP offers companies a digital transformation platform that can simplify the core ways that companies run.
SAP HANA As A Digital Transformation Platform
In the digital world, data is the new oil driving businesses. And instant insights are a competitive advantage. Real-time intelligence and predictive analytics give you the power to optimize processes, understand customers, predict risks and drive new innovations. SAP HANA brings together a general-purpose multi-model database with services for building innovative, data-driven applications. It facilitates real-time business and is the all-in-one platform for the smart enterprise. It delivers multiple benefits to an organization including-
- Fast data processing to deliver real-time insights and actions
- Extract insights from complex data sets and real-time transactions
- Reimagine business processes
- Streamlines IT
SAP HANA For Digital Transformation Best Practices
SAP HANA implementations are huge and complex. The technology provides organizations with the capability to completely transform its people, processes and policies. However, many businesses face serious challenges transitioning from their legacy systems to SAP HANA. And therein lies the risks of failures.
While SAP HANA is a transformative technology, it needs more than successful implementation to enable a complete digital transformation. Here are 5 SAP HANA Digital Transformation best practices for your business-
- Prepare for SAP HANA implementation- SAP HANA offers truly game-changing possibilities for your business. But this can be overwhelming if you’re not well-prepared for it. SAP HANA can bring massive changes to your processes, work culture and existing IT within your organization. So, it’s important to plan how to manage those changes.
- Map your business processes- Mapping business processes early on is critical to a successful SAP HANA implementation or you may face troubles later. You would need to customize SAP HANA as per your business process needs. You need to align the software’s capabilities with your process requirements. Mapping your business processes early will help you identify your process needs and align it with SAP HANA’s functionality or customize it in accordance.
- Build a robust change management strategy- SAP HANA implementation will transform the way you work, roles of your employees, collaboration practices and productivity. Identifying the extent of change in technology, business process and work culture and building a strong change management strategy for smooth facilitation of the transformation is essential. The strategy should assess your company’s readiness to change, communication, training and transition plan.
- Prepare for cultural Shift- Transformative technologies like SAP HANA bring a cultural shift to an organization, something which is often ignored at the planning stage. Many businesses require significant cultural changes before SAP HANA implementation while others can do with a few tweaks. Adopting to a real-time, data-driven work practice requires a cultural shift for companies especially those who are at the beginning of the digital maturity curve. Identify the extent of cultural shift and prepare your workforce for the shift.
- Build a Center of Excellence (CoE)- To continuously optimize your processes and build new capabilities for the future, building a CoE would be the right step. An SAP HANA CoE with cross-functional participation will help you optimally leverage the technology by helping you identify new requirements and opportunities. A CoE would also be ideal to own the SAP HANA after the implementation.
An SAP HANA implementation for digital transformation is a big and complex project. The benefits surely outweigh the risks involved. But those risks need to be intelligently managed. An experienced SAP HANA consultant can help you implement the software successfully and drive RoI. As an SAP global partner, Gemini can provide implementation and support for SAP HANA and other SAP products. To know more about our SAP implementation services, click here.