Touch free technology has gained a lot of traction amidst the COVID-19 global pandemic. Gemini’s Touch Free Technology and Smart Venue Management Solution is perfect for gyms and fitness club owners to restart their operations and welcome their members to a safe environment.
Gyms and fitness clubs have been one of the business sectors hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic and the resultant global healthcare crisis. Their operations stopped since the spread of the virus. Now, as countries and states have eased norms and allowed gyms to reopen, there is an extra onus on gym owners to follow the protocols and ensure a clean and safe environment for their members.
In an environment, where people are hesitant to step out of their homes and touch anything, touch free technology is a blessing for fitness centers. The touchless sensing market globally is predicted to reach $15.3 billion in 2025 from $ 6.8 billion in 2020 at an annual rate of 17.4%. Gemini’s Touch Free and Smart Venue Management Solutions are designed to help gyms and fitness clubs build a safe and hygienic environment for their members.
Gym owners need to do follow the steps given below to provide a safe fitness experience to their members.
- Keep the surfaces and equipment in gyms and clubs sanitized
- Enable the online purchase of member subscriptions
- Facilitate online appointment booking
- Touch free check-in and checkout
- Maintain physical distancing between members
In addition, check your country and state specific guidelines that you need to follow while running your operations.
Gemini’s Touch Free and Smart Venue Management Solutions for gyms and fitness clubs cover the entire gym operations from check-in to check-outs and beyond. It helps gyms and fitness clubs quickly build safe environments and reopen their business operations. Click here to know more about our Touch Free and Smart Venue Management Solutions.
Our solutions take an integrated approach and leverage a range of technologies, including the Internet of Things (IoT), mobile apps, and data analytics to create a touchless facility in your gyms. It includes:
- Mobile Apps: A mobile app is a vital cog in the wheel of touchless technology. Most of your members have smartphones. A custom mobile app can help you in many ways, including enabling membership purchase, viewing class schedule, booking appointments, payment of fee and engaging with your customers. You can also conduct digital fitness programs and share workout videos with your customers. It facilitates to sending customers important information through notifications and alerts. The app can also be used by your staff in their operations like following a sanitization schedule, checking booked appointments as well as their work schedule.
- Internet of Things: IoT is a network of sensors, cameras, mobile devices and other physical objects connected to the internet. It can help you in temperature check kiosks wherein your members can check their temperature on their own and record it. You can build smart doors that use biometrics for secure and touchless check-in and checkouts. The smart doors can also help you in capacity management of your various facilities like spas, swimming pools etc. It can keep a track of members using a particular service and relay data capacity availability. You can also further enhance your capacity management by providing members with real-time updates on slot availability.
- Digital Wall Displays: Gyms require constant interaction between the trainers and the members which are not safe in the current environment. There are physical distancing protocols that need to be followed. Video-enabled digital displays can be used wherein members and trainers can interact with each other from 2 different rooms. The trainer can watch how a member is doing his workouts and then show a demo if the member is not doing it properly. The displays can also be used for entertainment like watching videos or listening to music while training.
The COVID-19 global healthcare crisis has necessitated gym owners to rethink and reimagine the way they do their business. Reopening your gym won’t be easy. However, touchless technology can be of great help. Start by reviewing your entire facility as well as the need of your members. Identify processes that need to be automated and touchpoints like surfaces, handles and equipment etc., that need to be made touchless.