SAP Cloud Platform accelerates your migration to SAP S/4HANA or SAP S/4HANA Cloud, integrates it with other third-party software and apps, and drives faster time to value. A best practice-driven approach can smoothen your migration and lower risks.
SAP Cloud Platform is an open Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that enables enterprises to connect their landscape and build app extensions to cater to specific business needs. It accelerates and makes it easy for enterprises to integrate SAP S/4HANA or SAP S/4HANA Cloud with other SAP products and non-SAP applications. The platform supports workflows, process planning, event-driven architectures, and business rules engine, to provide a unified platform for integration.
According to SAP, the SAP Cloud Platform has helped many businesses in several ways including:
- 30% Cost savings to a global agricultural equipment manufacturer.
- 15% increase in productivity for an oil company through integration of apps and data.
- 5 times reduction in process time for a major airline by improving collaboration between business and IT.
SAP Cloud platform offers other benefits as well.
- Drives Agility: Enterprises are working in a rapidly changing world. They need to be agile and efficient to survive. SAP Cloud Platform helps your business by helping it to draw optimal value from all your systems, expand the reach of your IT infrastructure, and turn business challenges into opportunities.
- Get the Most from Your IT Spend: The platform allows you to integrate SAP platforms with third-party systems and apps to help you build hybrid environments and drives RoI from your IT spend.
- Meet the Complex Needs of Your Customers: Understand their needs while adapting your operations to deliver business outcomes.
- Integrate Apps, Data and Processes: Break existing silos and integrate apps and data with processes to improve efficiency, and gain agility. The modern business environment calls for an integrated approach and the SAP Cloud Platform helps you embrace it in your organization.
- Get Full Multi-Cloud Support: The platform provides you with access to the latest cloud-native technologies to help you build new-age applications, accelerate integration with other systems and apps, modernize processes, and expand business value.
Gemini Consulting & Services can help you drive maximum value from SAP Cloud Platform. We are a global SAP partner with strong cross- industry experience in implementing SAP products and solutions. Over the years, we have worked with several leading public and business organizations and helped them leverage SAP to drive agility, extend capabilities and address critical business challenges. Click here to know more about our SAP Cloud Platform services.
- Plan: The first step is to plan your organizational and IT environment to manage your app lifecycles and consider failovers. A well-defined organizational structure along with a corresponding governance model helps your employees to adapt to agile processes faster.
- Build Teams: For building teams for SAP Cloud Platform, SAP recommends building two teams, a Cloud Development Team, that will build apps, and an Administration Team, responsible for account operations and building infrastructure.
- Create a Knowledge Transfer (KT) Process: A KT process would make sure that the knowledge gained throughout your app lifecycle is shared with others and help them learn from the experiences. Ask your teams to document their experiences and knowledge gained, set up training and discussion sessions and create communication channels. The SAP Jam Collaboration is perfect as a communication channel.
- Set Up a Staged Development Environment: The best way is to create at least three subaccounts each for development, testing, and production. The development subaccount will be used for development and testing individual changes in the cloud. The testing subaccount will be used for integration testing and testing in a production-like environment prior to release and the production subaccount for production applications.
- Build a Scalable Account Structure: Your business needs may change as time progresses and that’s why it is essential to build an account structure that allows you to scale as per your needs. Begin with one subaccount per development stage. You can also alternatively use one directory that includes all three subaccounts. You can later create more subaccounts and directories depending on your need.
SAP Cloud Platform offers complete app development services and helps organizations build cloud applications, extend and enhance existing on-premise apps, and integrate them.