Accelerated globalization and the COVID-19 pandemic have changed the way customers interact with a brand and vice versa. There is nothing more valuable than a satisfied customer who has the potential to bring in more revenue. Businesses, therefore, have to keep a keen eye on the various customer communication channels and customer information gathered across them for accurate insights.
According to Statista, the global average share of digital customer interactions has tripled from 20% to 60% from June 2017 to July 2020. The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated this trend as a 21-percentage points increase was recorded in July 2020 as against December 2019. North America has witnessed the maximum increase in digital customer interactions as the trend increased to 65% in July 2020 from 25% in June 2017 to 65 percent in July 2020. At the global level, digital solutions for customer interactions accelerated by three years due to the pandemic.
Despite changes in the mode of interactions, customers anticipate quicker, flawless, and more importantly, proactive solutions to resolve their issues. Digital solutions help service agents gain a constant overview of customer reactions. With digital solutions, businesses obtain extremely valuable real-time insights to optimize service experiences in a comprehensive manner.
SAP Service Cloud is a part of the SAP CX Suite. It is a SaaS-based customer service management software for customer service and support (CSS) from SAP that connects the entire service supply chain from call centers to field services.
It helps businesses stay one step ahead of customer expectations by making it easy to offer quality services across multiple service channels, access complete and contextual customer information, and gain real-time insights on call center performance.
SAP Service Cloud can be tailored to meet customer needs. It allows customers to get help from a sales representative on-site and allows all parties involved to always access the same information about the customer and the product. This ensures that the quality of service significantly goes up, thereby, influencing a customer to come back for another purchase.
In essence, SAP’s cloud-based solution ensures that the businesses get complete information on changing demands and helps serve customers across all channels in a seamless manner.
- Multi-channel ticket management service and self-service channels on the web.
- Automation features that allow customer service teams to route, assign and escalate messages within the same platform.
- A contextual and integrated system of social collaboration for service representatives to quickly ask questions and get feedback.
- Scope to personalize services using unique features such as custom fields, tagging, reports, and more.
- Real-time analytics to help businesses understand key patterns across large volumes of customer complaints and streamline CSS processes.
- Email integration with Outlook, Gmail, Lotus Notes, and Evernote to ensure customer interaction is in sync at all times.
- A seamless mobile experience for users to access the system to close out priority tickets even when away from the office.
- Integration with SAP’s other web-based products, such as Sales Cloud, SAP CRM and SAP ERP.
Customers need to connect with businesses in a hassle-free manner regardless of their preferred channel. SAP Service Cloud improves customer service along with enhanced customer identification. It offers screen pop-ups, and intuitive routing of queries to the right teams and possibly to a well-equipped agent.
Instead of using multiple fragmented screens or channels to manage customer inquiries, SAP Service Cloud empowers agents with a single personalized and smart interface to manage customer interaction. Gemini Consulting & Services can help enterprises to provide personalized services and quick customer complaint resolutions by deploying SAP Service Cloud. Contact us to understand how to customize SAP Service Cloud to meet the requirements of your business.
The digital era has indeed offered a world of opportunity in the global arena for retailers and manufacturers. But it is not easy to attract customers and retain them due to high competition.
A certain retailer selling a single brand of manufactured goods needed to replace a decade-old, complex, and customized SAP R/3 ECC (predecessor of SAP HANA)-based contact management solution. With an expanding customer base, the business was looking for a single-screen experience for their service agents using customized information from multiple systems.
The following processes were a part of the implementation of SAP Service Cloud for this business.
- A detailed ticketing process for their customer service center, including the team that processed claims as well as field service management.
- Registered products management where a product is associated with a specific customer and has a serial number. When a ticket is created, the registered product information allows the service agent to identify the customer’s product easily along with associated warranties or service entitlements. Additional information, such as product location is also used in the service process.
- Telephone integration using a local adapter. A communication desktop app needs to be downloaded and run by agents to attend the call and record information directly on the system.
- Email integration for customers’ complaints via email that gets routed to an automatic service ticket creation system. With specifically defined email Ids, the customer can reach out to a specific service engineer as well.
- The business could introduce an increased number of products and the complexity of multiple brands/products could be easily simplified.
- Reduced call volumes due to efficient self-service and knowledge management.
- A dip in the average handling time while increasing support quality.
- Lower onboarding and training efforts for agents.
- Multiple metrics to understand customer interaction and agent performance.