In India, GST e- Way bill generation is a regulatory requirement for businesses where goods valued over exceeds Rs. 50,000 are transported outside the boundary of a municipal Limit. SAP customers can generate the E-Way bill from their SAP system.
GST regime has mandated the e-Way bill generation from 1st April 2018. The e-way bill replaces the way the bills were processed under the earlier VAT regime.
What is GST e-Way Bill?
The GST e-Way bill is an electronic document required for the transportation of goods of value more than ₹50000, from one location to another. This e-Way bill is generated online on the National Informatics Centre (NIC) portal and is required for both inter and intra state transportation of goods. It includes details such as the name of the consignor, consignee, origin of consignment, consignment destination and its route.
The GST e- Way bill generation process involves a registered taxpayer generating the e-Way bill for their outward supply document on the NIC. A unique e-Way bill number (EBN) is generated, and it is available to the supplier, recipient and transporter.
The SAP GST e- Way bill generation solution has the following components:
- SAP ERP e-Document
- SAP Cloud Platform Integration (SCPI)
- SAP Certified GSP
National Informatics Center (NIC)
Process Flow for SAP GST E- Way Bill Solution
SAP ECC and S4 HANA offer complete automation of the e-Way bill generation process that helps companies in increased efficiency, higher accuracy and better compliance. The process flow for the SAP GST e- Way bill solution available on SAP Cloud Platform Integration (CPI) is as follows.
- Invoice and challan are generated in SAP ECC and SAP S/4 HANA system. It supports the following transactions.
- Sales and Distribution billing document
- Stock transfer
- Subcontracting process
- The user needs to get the details of the e-Way bill like e-Way bill number and validity from NIC System to the SAP ECC and SAP S/4 HANA system via the GST Suvidha Provider (GSP).
- Generate all the details required by NIC for the e-Way bill. The payload for the e-Way bill is generated in the e-documents framework.
- The payload is sent to the NIC system via certified GSPs using the SAP cloud integration platform.
- The outward document generated is linked to the e-Way bill. Users can print the required documents with an e-Way bill number before the transportation of goods.
Gemini US Consulting & Services is a global SAP partner who can help you deploy any solution from SAP. Over the years, we have worked with several public and private enterprises helping them deploy SAP products in their processes. Our experienced SAP team can help you quickly implement SAP GST e-Way bill generation setup and assist you in accurately complying with government regulations and automate the e-way process. You can know more about our SAP Services here.
How to Implement the e-Way Bill Solution?
SAP GST e-Way bill generation process may look daunting to you if you’re doing it for the first time. This best practices driven process will save time, ensure rapid deployment and success. Here are a few things to consider while deploying the solution.
- Maintain the General System Setup: The general system setup includes e-Document setup, integration of your ERP with SCPI and SOA setup.
- e-Way Bill Customization: SAP offers several customization options specific to e-way generation. Please ensure ERP customization and recommended screen enhancements to capture transporter data.
- Integrate SCPI and GSP: You need to implement the iFlow (as per the document received from SAP-certified GSP or by following the manual login creation to SCPI steps)
- Integrate ERP or S/4HANA OP and SCPI: This includes getting CP Integration Certificates, Configuring SAP NetWeaver AS for ABAP to support SSL and Authorization Object.
Train Your Team: The shift from the SAP India GST e-Way bill process from the previous process is not a major one if you’re already using SAP. The entire process can be automated; however, it is important to train and prepare your team in managing the process.