Faced with multiple challenges, manufacturing companies today are increasingly getting focused on streamlining their processes, improving the supply chain, optimizing shop floor productivity and driving customer experience. A robust Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system can help manufacturing companies realize many of their business goals effectively.
For the manufacturing industry, ERP software can offer significant benefits and help address many challenges in the new post-COVID world order. The global pandemic has severely impacted the manufacturing industry. As manufacturing companies look to regain their lost business growth and address challenges facing them, ERP software can help in a significant way.
In the new normal, manufacturing companies will need to drive innovation to survive and compete. Currently, they need to:
- Revisit their business strategies
- Cut expenses and look for cost-effective alternatives
- Reimagine their supply chain
- Gain higher operational efficiency to automate and streamline processes
- Leverage technology to automate processes
- Build a data-driven culture
- Get a comprehensive operational picture
An ERP solution can help manufacturing companies achieve most of these objectives and more.
An ERP system with built-in advanced technologies, such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and data analytics can help manufacturing businesses drive transformation. ERP provides a range of features and tools to manufacturing companies to cater to their new needs. It can help manufacturing companies in:
- Production Planning: Provides real-time information from various stakeholders to coordinate manufacturing operations.
- Manage Assembly Line: Provides support for complex assembly processes by helping create plans covering material, production, capacity planning, routing and machine models etc.
- Optimize Production: Optimizes production operations by supporting advanced methods like Lean, continuous improvement and JIT.
- Enhance Quality: Drive quality and lower costs by strengthening collaboration between R&D and manufacturing teams.
- Process Management: Supports closed-loop quality management processes to help manufacturing companies take quick measures to prevent or correct issues.
ERP deployment can have a major impact on your strategy, processes, people and partners. And therefore, you need to assess the impact and prepare your organization for it. In addition to this, to get started on your ERP journey, you need to determine the scope of your commitment, decide whether you would like a self-managed or a hosted solution and choose between an on-premise or cloud-based deployment model.
Gemini Consulting & Services is a trusted ERP implementation partner for a number of private and public sector organizations globally. Our team can help you choose the right system that meets your business requirements and customize it so that you can gain a definitive advantage. Contact us to know how we can help drive your business growth by deploying the right ERP solution.
ERP offers many benefits to manufacturing companies. Some of them are listed below.
- Intelligent Operations: ERP helps manufacturing companies in quickly deploying AI, ML and RPA in their operations. This can automate processes, drive efficiency, reduce errors and mitigate risks.
- Real-Time Information: ERP provides manufacturing companies the information they need, and when they need it. ERP can become the digital core in the IT landscape, encompassing all the processes and services.
- Planning and Execution: ERP provides manufacturing companies with the capacity to connect with IoT devices and systems, provide predictive indicators for preventive maintenance and actionable insights to drive planning and execution processes.
- Predict Market Demand: ERP helps manufacturing companies predict variable market demands and improve manufacturing. It provides real-time information on resources, demand and capacity for optimal efficiency and timely delivery of products.
- Supply Chain Management: Using the ERP system, data from supply chains can be harnessed to extract actionable insights. These insights can help in reducing supply chain issues, response time, lower costs and drive profits and customer satisfaction.
- Inventory Management: ERP supports real-time inventory management. The inventory management module helps the manufacturing companies with the simultaneous movement of multiple materials, optimizing the inventory levels and reducing inventory wastage.
ERP can be of great significance to manufacturing companies like you. More so, in the current business climate where companies are looking to digitalize their operations, get complete visibility of their processes and improve their decision-making capabilities. ERP can provide you add advanced technologies into your operations, leverage data and extract intelligence.