Customer Experience (CX) is the new battlefront. Amidst the commodity trap, where there is little differentiation between products and services, CX is fast emerging as the key differentiator. Companies are realizing that great experience to customers means more sales, longer brand loyalty and free word-of-the-mouth publicity. As per a Gartner study, 75% of the organizations are now able to show that CX leads to revenue growth through higher customer retention or customer lifetime value.
Businesses are embracing CX platforms to enhance customer services and engagements. ServiceNow is one such customer service management platform that can elevate your customer experience. The cloud-based solution goes beyond traditional Customer
Relationship Management (CRM) and service management platforms and helps organizations to build a seamless customer experience – right from issues to resolutions.
ServiceNow like all other enterprise solutions needs to be efficiently deployed to maximize its potential and to gain higher RoI. When it comes to ServiceNow development, there are several best practices and rules. Here are the 5 key ServiceNow best practices you must not miss.
- Establish a Solid Service Strategy: Most of the companies have an existing service process to address customer grievances. ServiceNow is just a platform that provides you with the tools to enhance customer services. It cannot build a customer service strategy. To extract maximum benefits from your ServiceNow implementation project, start with reviewing the existing service process, identify your business needs and build a service management strategy. Define your process and workflows before implementing ServiceNow.
- Align People, Processes and Technology: The success of your ServiceNow project not just depends on a smooth implementation. ServiceNow implementation process is just the technology part. The success of your customer services and customer experience will depend on how people and processes get aligned with ServiceNow capabilities. To align every part of the customer service process, start with defining and measuring goals. Get executive sponsorship to drive the change and build the governance process.
- Build ServiceNow Foundation: Put a robust technical foundation in place for your ServiceNow implementation by thinking out of the box, mapping your service assets, planning your architecture, instances, integrations, and data flows, and preparing for upgrades. A strong ServiceNow technical foundation will not only keep your implementation plan smooth but also help you in focusing on key business outcomes, giving you a clear view of your objectives, and managing potential upgrade issues.
- Drive User Adoption: The key to the success of any technology implementation is in user adoption. And to drive user adoption, you need to involve users from the early stages of ServiceNow implementation. By involving users, you would be able to get important insights on their requirements as well as help them understand ServiceNow capabilities better. Creating a change management plan and training users are other activities to drive user adoption.
- Revisit Your Strategy Regularly: To derive maximum benefit from your ServiceNow implementation, it is important to review your customer service process and the role of the ServiceNow platform in it. With time, your business and customer service needs will change, and you need to revise your processes and technology to meet those needs. Also, you need to identify areas of improvement and keep working on it.
ServiceNow can help you improve your customer service and experience with a powerful range of capabilities. The best practices discussed above will help you strengthen your service strategy, correctly approach the ServiceNow implementation, drive user adoption, and capture high RoI. However, ServiceNow implementation can be complex and overwhelming. If you are looking for an implementation partner, then Gemini Consulting & Services can help you leverage the ServiceNow platform in your service process and drive your customer experience. To know more,click here.